Positively Free® Singles
- 1 packet + scissors for opening
- 4 teaspoons oil (I use sunflower oil)
- 1 large egg yolk*
- Microwave-safe container (mug, bowl, or ramekin) or plate with parchment paper
- Spoon or fork
- Carefully open the packet with scissors and add to container.
- Add oil and egg yolk to container.
- Stir very well with the spoon or fork, for about a minute, until mixture is just combined—the batter will be very dry and crumbly (this is important). See instructional video for an example.
- For cookie: Use your hands to form batter into a ball. This process may take up to a minute and might seem like it won’t work—stay patient, it will combine. Place ball on plate with parchment paper—no need to flatten because it will naturally spread into the shape of a cookie.
- For mug: Customize with nuts, dried fruit, and/or chocolate chips. Feel free to be creative!
- Microwave for 1 minute on high (click to read important information about microwave cooking). Oatmeal Cookie (mug) is done when the top still looks slightly undercooked and an inserted toothpick comes out clean. For an extra crunchy cookie crumble texture, stir cooked mug immediately with a fork and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly. Enjoy on its own or top with ice cream, whipped cream, or coconut cream for a decadent dessert. This cookie also works well as a base for cheesecake, pie filling, or custard—let cool and press into a crust with your fingers.
*Using only egg yolk is very important. Egg white, when cooked in the microwave, has a rubbery texture that significantly changes this cookie’s taste. I highly recommend separating your egg away from the packet, so that you can save the packet if egg white accidentally mixes with your egg yolk. For those with egg allergies, we tried every possible way of creating the cookies without needing an egg. We were unsuccessful. We apologize that you cannot enjoy them, and we will continue to try to adjust our recipe for an egg-free variation. The Brownie and Cornbread are egg-free.
|Oats, tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, rice flour, corn flour, xanthan gum, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla powder and salt|