Positively Free® Singles
- 1 packet + scissors for opening
- 2 Tablespoons oil (I use sunflower oil)
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoons GF chocolate chips**
- Microwave-safe container (mug, bowl, or ramekin)
- Carefully open the packet with scissors and add to container.
- Add oil and milk of choice to container.
- Stir very well with the spoon, for about a minute, until mixture is combined into a thin batter (dripping off the spoon). See instructional video for an example.
- Add chocolate chips and stir just to combine. I strongly advise adding the chocolate chips—they add a gooey, chocolatey goodness that is not possible with just the packet alone. FYI: it will be more difficult to remove the brownie from the container because of this increased gooeyness, but honestly I prefer to eat it straight from the mug when I make it!
- Customize with nuts, coffee (in place of milk), and/or additional chocolate chips. Feel free to be creative!
- Microwave for 2 minutes on high (click to read important information about microwave cooking). Brownie is done when the top is slightly firm, the sides are starting to pull away from the mug wall, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
- Let cool slightly for a warm, chocolatey fresh-baked brownie. Enjoy on its own or top with ice cream, whipped cream, or coconut cream for a decadent dessert. If you prefer a fudgy brownie, let sit for (at least) 5-10 minutes at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
- If you are a cold-brownie-for-breakfast person, I highly recommend eating half for dessert (warm and gooey) and putting the rest in the fridge (covered) for a cold and fudgy treat the next day. Delicious both hot and cold!
**We did not add chocolate chips to the packets because (1) we did not want to include additional allergens (casein, soy, etc.), (2) our manufacturing equipment is made for blending flour and mixes and does not allow for equal distribution of chips in each packet, and (3) chips have the potential to melt in transit, especially in the hot summer months.
|Sugar, cocoa powder, modified tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, rice flour, corn flour, salt, vanilla powder and xanthan gum|