Here’s everything you love about cornbread – without the gluten, of course – and also without the fuss.
This easy-to-use mix combines the best ingredients for a savory cornbread rich in flavor and light in texture. For a personal touch, feel free to add some cheese, corn kernels, green onions or other flavor combinations. Makes a 9” x 9” pan of moist, delicious cornbread to serve with a bowl of chili, stew or just alone as a hearty snack. Can be made with or without dairy products so your Positively Free™ Cornbread is a worry-free treat – ready to enjoy any time you want.
All Positively Free products are available for purchase exclusively at www.FreedomDelivered.com. Click the “Shop Now” button below to go there now.
These were a huge hit at Thanksgiving! I made them into muffins and everyone raved about them.
Gregory W., New York, NY
Directions & Nutrition Facts for Cornbread Mix
Mix Ingredients: yellow cornmeal, modified tapioca starch, potato starch, corn starch, corn flour, white rice flour, xanthan gum, baking powder (aluminum-free), sodium bicarbonate, sea salt, fine sugar, golden flax.
Made in a dedicated, gluten-free-certified, kosher processing facility free from the top 8 allergens: dairy, egg, soy, wheat, peanut, tree nuts, fish and shellfish.
In addition to this mix, you will need:
- 3 Tbs. butter (or non-dairy alternative)
- 1 cup dairy (or non-dairy) sour cream OR plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup dairy (or non-dairy) milk
- 1 large egg
- Pre-heat oven to 400° F (static).
- Place butter in a 9-inch baking pan; set in oven to melt. (If making muffins, oil or line muffin tins and set aside.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, and egg.
- Stir in the cornbread mix using a fork or whisk until smooth.
- Spread melted butter around warmed pan; pour in mix (or spoon mix into muffin cups).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for cornbread (20 minutes for muffins) until set and crispy brown around the edges.
- Insert a toothpick into the center of the cornbread to test for doneness. (It’s done when the toothpick is clean.)
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut and enjoy!