Instant Oats: My Favorite Recipes & Tips
Instant oats are one of those awesome multi-purpose ingredients that can be used in everything from breakfast dishes to smoothies to snacks and, surprisingly, lunches and dinner. You can make them into oatmeal, add them to smoothies for a nutrition boost, use them in no-bake snacks, and even grind them into flour.
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite recipes and usage tips for instant oats, but please feel free to add to my list in the comments below!
- Perfect Microwave Banana Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cakes (scroll down the page till you get to this recipe)
- Make a huge batch of oatmeal in the slow cooker (general ratio is 1 part oats to 2 parts liquid) and use this recipe for leftovers
- Try cooking in a waffle iron!
- DIY Instant Oatmeal Packets
- Great for dorm rooms and travel
- Use with a Keurig for a super-simple breakfast
- Perfect for busy moms and dads who don’t think they have time to make breakfast for themselves
- Add about ¼ cup of freshly ground oats per smoothie
- If you have a high-speed blender, no need to pre-grind the oats (put them closer to the top or they will get stuck at the bottom)!
- Add to meatloaf in lieu of breadcrumbs
- Grind into flour and use as a thickener for sauces
- Oatmeal Cookies
- 3-Ingredient No-Bake Peanut Butter Squares
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Grind into oat flour to use as baking alternative