Gluten-Free Mushrooms & Greens Pizza Recipe (Vegan)
*Printable recipe is at the end of the post*
Combining hearty mushrooms with greens and dried herbs created the perfect comforting combination for those chilly summer nights in the mountains. Oh, and it’s totally vegan to boot.
Gluten-Free Mushrooms & Greens Pizza (Vegan)
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
I used our vegan crust (regular pizza crust with flax eggs substitute)
I added a dash of dried rosemary and thyme after drizzling.
I keep dried mushrooms in my pantry just for occasions like this one.
Soak in warm water for 15 minutes, drain, rinse, and chop to desired size.
large handful of greens
I used a mache greens mix, but I think kale, chard, or other hearty greens would work beautifully. Make sure to drizzle hearty greens with olive oil and salt & pepper to make sure they wilt during cooking.
Use whatever herbs you have on hand.
Cook in pre-heated 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
- 1 single-serve gluten-free pizza crust
- Olive oil mixed with your favorite herbs (I recommend a dash of dried rosemary and thyme)
- 1/2 cup soaked porcini mushrooms
- Large handful of greens
- Fresh herbs (for garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle olive oil and herb mixture. Brush to coat entire surface, if desired.
- Add mushrooms and greens. If using hearty greens (kale, chard, etc.), drizzle with olive oil and salt & pepper to allow them to wilt during cooking.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 400°F.
- Garnish with herbs.