Gluten-Free Grocery List (Wegmans) + Meal Plan Ideas ($150 Budget)
Each week, I sit down with my recipes and meal ideas to create a meal plan and shopping list for dinners, lunches, and snacks. This post is a sample of my actual gluten-free grocery list and meal plan for a week in December 2015. Leave a comment below if you’d like to see more posts like this one in the future.
I try to stick to a budget of $150 each week. Some of you may think that is a huge amount of money, and some may think it’s not. I try to balance meal prep time, nutritious ingredients, and staying on budget. $150 seems to be the right number for our family right now. I purchase only gluten-free items, I try to buy organic when it’s reasonable, and I’ve learned to limit how much meat I buy per week because that eats up a lot of my budget.
I plan meals so that dinner leftovers can be used for lunches for 1-2 days.
Snacks are some combination of whole-grain/carb, protein, and fat.
I usually have the same breakfast (GF steel-cut oatmeal with fruit, peanut butter, and flax seed), which I make in advance in the slow-cooker (mostly to save time in the morning).
I purchase a few staple items at Costco (organic eggs, GF bread, organic hummus) and Amazon (GF steel-cut oats, flax seed) that last throughout the month. Otherwise, I do all my shopping at Wegmans.
Meal Plan Ideas*
Dinners (leftovers are lunches):
- Sunday: Chicken Enchilada Casserole + Roasted Broccoli
- Monday: One-Pan Roasted Shrimp & Asparagus + Brown Rice
- Tuesday: Black Bean Soup + Positively Free™ Cornbread (pictured)
- Wednesday: Skillet Penne with Chicken Sausage + Wilted Greens
- Thursday: Scrambled Eggs + Roasted Potatoes + Roasted Broccoli
- Friday (My Birthday): Date Night
- Saturday: Leftovers
- Cheese + Get Wild Chips
- Spicy Avocado Toast
- Carrots/Snap Peas/Bell Peppers + Hummus
- Oranges + Nuts
- Raisins + Cheese
*Plan may differ from actual meals because…life.
Gluten-Free Grocery List
*To download a printable version of this week’s grocery list, please click here.*
- Green Onions
- Super Greens (Kale, Spinach, & Chard)
- Sweet Onions*
- Mixed Bell Peppers (6-pack)
- Snow Peas
- Rotisserie Chicken
- Spinach & Feta Chicken Sausage
- Frozen Shrimp*
- Organic 2% Milk
- Organic Half & Half
- Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Shredded Mexican Cheese*
- Get Wild Rice Chips
- Peanut Butter*
- Basting Oil*
- Chocolate Chips*
- Lightly Salted Mixed Nuts*
- Corn Tortillas*
- Marinated Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Organic Whole Kernel Canned Corn*
- Hand Cream* (trying it out—let me know if you’d like a review of Wegmans’ GF skin care line)
Already in my fridge/pantry:
- GF All Purpose Flour
- Almond Milk
- GF Cornbread Mix
- GF Bread
- GF Chicken Bouillon
- Black Beans
- GF Penne
- Flax Seeds
- Various Spices
Total Price (with tax and coupons): $149.31
*Purchased enough to last for multiple weeks