Hello Glutenators and welcome to the first Get it or Forget it?! This exciting new series is a way for me to share some product reviews with you! I have bought all of these products on my own and these are my honest opinions. I’ll be going into detail about where to purchase these products, the pricing, the taste and whether I think you should run out and get it, or forget it. With that being said, let’s jump right in. The first product I will be reviewing is the Positively Free Cornbread.
Where I bought it: I found my cornbread in a box set from Groupon. It came with pizza crust mix, oatmeal, chocolate chip cookie mix and of course, the corn bread mix.
Price: $9.95/per box
Where to find it: You can purchase this mix and many other products on their website!
- The instructions for the cornbread are extremely clear and precise. I’m lazy and don’t like to read through a mountain of ingredients and complicated lingo just to make something. I want to eat, and I want to eat now.
- It’s quick! Like I said, I want it now! The cornbread only takes 30 minutes to bake and because of the precise ingredients it’ll only take you about 40 minutes from start to finish.
- Soft and Moist-This product is plain and simple delicious. One thing I have missed since going gluten free is good old fashioned cornbread. Positively Free hit the nail on the head with this one! It’s soft, moist, holds together nicely and has a great traditional corn bread flavor.
- Pricing: Don’t get me wrong, I’m head over heels in love with product. However, with a gluten free diet comes a significant increase in food cost. In my opinion, the price tag is a little steep for a box of cornbread. Now, if you’re shopping the site and decide to order in bulk, you will not be disappointed.
- Sodium: This product unfortunately is very high in sodium, standing at 450 mg per serving. This will not force me to kick them to the curb, but I will be more conscious of my sodium intake when planning on serving this with a meal.
With no hesitation; I’m calling this one a get it for sure! This product has quickly become a staple in my kitchen and has been a huge hit! I can’t wait to try out their other products and let you know what I think. I highly suggest that you give Positively Free a try, you won’t be disappointed. If you have any products in mind that that you’d like me to review, please reach out to me!
Facebook: Be Positively Free
Beat the Wheat,